Gmail Spam and Phishing Emails: Google to take action to enhance email security and reduce suspicious emails |

[ad_1]

Gmail is set to take action against suspicious emails, aiming to improve email security and reduce the number of questionable messages reaching users’ inboxes. Google plans to reject a portion of emails that do not adhere to bulk sender guidelines. These guidelines are designed to filter out potentially harmful or unsolicited emails, ensuring the safety of Gmail users.
Starting this month, bulk email senders who fail to meet the new requirements will receive temporary error codes for a portion of their emails.By April, Google will escalate its rejection of non-compliant email traffic. If 75% of a sender’s emails meet the requirements, Google will begin rejecting a percentage of the remaining 25% that do not comply. Bulk email senders will also be required to make it easier for recipients to unsubscribe from marketing and promotional messages. By June 1, 2024, one-click unsubscribe support will be mandatory, with a prominent unsubscribe link in the message.

Google’s New Initiative: Enhancing Gmail Security Against Suspicious Emails

It’s important to note that these rules only apply to bulk emails sent to personal Gmail accounts, excluding Google Workspace accounts. A bulk sender is defined as an email sender who sends 5,000 or more messages to personal Gmail accounts within 24 hours. Once this threshold is met, the sender will be permanently categorized as a bulk sender. Google first announced these improved protections in a blog post in October 2023. Since then, there has been a significant reduction of 75% in unauthenticated messages received by Gmail users.
The implementation of these requirements aims to strengthen email security and close vulnerabilities exploited by attackers. In summary, Google’s proactive measures to enhance email security demonstrate its commitment to protecting Gmail users from spam and phishing attacks. By enforcing updated sender guidelines, Google aims to create a safer and more secure email environment for its users.



[ad_2]

Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *